Blurred Vision

Do You Wish To...
Blurred Vision

Do You Wish To...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blurred Social Lounge

Go down 
+3
xr6_ghia
WPN346
xm-221
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
xm-221

xm-221

Blurred Social Lounge Empty
PostSubject: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Well lads and ladies, time to start a social lounge where you can just wander in, dribble a few words, and wander out again lol

Had to make a trip into town this arvo. My trusty Festo orbital sander finally spat it's original brushes after nearly 20yrs use.
I thought finding a new set was gonna be like finding the proverbial needle in a haystack.
Tried Alltools on Fyans St first as I know they stock Festool, no go.
United Tools down the road next and had a chat to young bloke behind the desk and he said I'd be pushing sh!t uphill with chopsticks finding brushes for a 20yr old Festo. 4 words from the lady standing beside him said it all "Back in a tick" ... she wandered out to the store room and came back 40secs later with the exact brushes I needed lol same part number and all.
Dunno if the young fella didn't want to go look or not but he got upstaged by a chick ... an old one at that lol.

Sweet effay on TV tonight so it's pron and a few different Ford Forums for me rabbit
Back to top Go down
WPN346
Admin
WPN346

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:22 am

Sounds like a successfully day, makes you think how many places tell you they don't stock what your after only to find out that they were too lazy/stupid.
Back to top Go down
xr6_ghia

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:57 pm

i had a similar instance a while back where i was after a particular spray gun...after going to everywhere i knew to go...i went back to the first place and they had it in stock...i just dealt with a nuffy haha
Back to top Go down
xm-221

xm-221

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:49 pm

There's plenty of nuffies out there Dale. Seems some of them just want to get paid the good money for doing 3/5ths of sweet fa.

Can't wait until I get some work experience kids from the local schools, they won't know what hit them when they actually have to work instead of stand there and watch.

Good day at work today lads, finished off the tailgate and rear pan for a 42 Chev.

Blurred Social Lounge P1100437

Blurred Social Lounge P1100443

Some filler work to do now to smooth things out then it's time for epoxy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TUFF4D
Admin
TUFF4D

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Ah good one glen, if any chevy badged VU or VY ute owners see that they will be booking in for a chevy tailgate
Back to top Go down
https://blurredvision.editboard.com
xr6_ghia

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 3:47 pm

haha soo true...but the difference is thats an actual chev...lmao! chev badges ftl!
Back to top Go down
TUFF4D
Admin
TUFF4D

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Oh but dale, haven't you ever confronted the owner of one such vehicle. They think that because their car has a chev 350 in it then the whole car can be badged as a chev. Their arrogance quickly turns to confusion when I inform them that the 'chev' motor is infact a Genreal Motors engine and it just so happens to be used by many manufactures including Chevrolet, and also the fact that it is a 346ci engine not the 350ci as so claimed. Their response to this usually is something along the lines of fords are shit or something like that, I respond with the offer of some motor oil. They then proceed to do a burnout, but just axle tramp and produce more laughs then smoke and drive off making that god awful (I just lopped my muffler off) exhaust note that many (SS commodores posses) and tyring to make the biggest complete fucking moron of themselves as possible.

Thankfully our LS series members in Axle, WPN346, and Mark don't own clapped out pieces of shit with chev badges, and do the cars justice with tastful mods, and power to back up any claim made Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WPN346
Admin
WPN346

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 4:17 pm

100% Agree ^^
Back to top Go down
xr6_ghia

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:57 am

ok well i have to confess...i had a ute with the chev grille...but i ony bought it as it was cheaper to get one of those than to buy a new grille...i later then customized the grille and took the top and bottom of the bowtie off and made it a single stripe...but i was never arrogant...lol i promise Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xm-221

xm-221

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:10 pm

oh don't get me started on the chev badge on holden thing.
I don't have a gripe about much but they really piss me off when they try and justify having a chev badge on a holden.
Does this mean I have to put a Toyota badge on the XE Eclipse project ?

We used to hang shit on blokes in the 80's when they had chev badges on HQ's and LH/LX Torana's so it's not like it's a new thing.

I quite like the LS series engines though, bang for buck they're an awesome bit of kit and you can buy so many of the shelf upgrade parts at a reasonable dollar amount too.
Back to top Go down
xm-221

xm-221

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:01 pm

10pm on a Saturday night and I'm the only one online, sad, so sad Sad lol
Back to top Go down
xm-221

xm-221

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Evening ladies, kicking back on egay at the moment, what are you lot up to?
Back to top Go down
TUFF4D
Admin
TUFF4D

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Just got back from parmi night
Back to top Go down
sm0089

sm0089

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 2:38 pm

xm-221 wrote:
Well lads and ladies, time to start a social lounge where you can just wander in, dribble a few words, and wander out again lol

Had to make a trip into town this arvo. My trusty Festo orbital sander finally spat it's original brushes after nearly 20yrs use.
I thought finding a new set was gonna be like finding the proverbial needle in a haystack.
Tried Alltools on Fyans St first as I know they stock Festool, no go.
United Tools down the road next and had a chat to young bloke behind the desk and he said I'd be pushing sh!t uphill with chopsticks finding brushes for a 20yr old Festo. 4 words from the lady standing beside him said it all "Back in a tick" ... she wandered out to the store room and came back 40secs later with the exact brushes I needed lol same part number and all.
Dunno if the young fella didn't want to go look or not but he got upstaged by a chick ... an old one at that lol.

Sweet effay on TV tonight so it's pron and a few different Ford Forums for me rabbit

Mate DARBY'S Have Festool products and can order in anything you require at a good price for Forum users!
Back to top Go down
xm-221

xm-221

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:16 pm

Darby's wouldn't stock spare parts for a 20yr old orbital sander would they?
Back to top Go down
sm0089

sm0089

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:39 am

dont know we have alot of shit especially between the 3 stores, or i can try and order them in aswell.
Back to top Go down
elmaso69

elmaso69

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:44 am

TUFF4D wrote:
Oh but dale, haven't you ever confronted the owner of one such vehicle. They think that because their car has a chev 350 in it then the whole car can be badged as a chev. Their arrogance quickly turns to confusion when I inform them that the 'chev' motor is infact a Genreal Motors engine and it just so happens to be used by many manufactures including Chevrolet, and also the fact that it is a 346ci engine not the 350ci as so claimed. Their response to this usually is something along the lines of fords are shit or something like that, I respond with the offer of some motor oil. They then proceed to do a burnout, but just axle tramp and produce more laughs then smoke and drive off making that god awful (I just lopped my muffler off) exhaust note that many (SS commodores posses) and tyring to make the biggest complete fucking moron of themselves as possible.

Thankfully our LS series members in Axle, WPN346, and Mark don't own clapped out pieces of shit with chev badges, and do the cars justice with tastful mods, and power to back up any claim made Very Happy

HOLY CRAP! thats so accurate! but try seeing chev badges on a holden V6 with a buick engine, god, sometimes im embarrassed to own a commodore lol
Back to top Go down
TUFF4D
Admin
TUFF4D

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:51 am

Ive seen a few commodores with 6.0 V8 badges on their guards despite the fact they are really only ecotechs, so sad. Another one is adding an S to a VX S or VY S to make it an SS lol.

The other day I seen a red VU SS with both chevy bow tie badge and in massive bold letters CHEVROLET, not enough words to discribe how shit it looked
Back to top Go down
elmaso69

elmaso69

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:05 pm

i heard of a bloke talkin up his 5l EFI commodore saying how awesome the 308 is, no on could correct him he was dead set it was308 lol
and my sisters boyfriend bought hes VY exec, drives like hes on mount panarama and wonders why he gets shitty fuel economy hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
xm-221

xm-221

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:52 pm

Evening ladies, dunno what you lot got up to but I spent my Saturday painting an XD.
Now comes the fun part of putting the flare kit on and polishing it Sad
Back to top Go down
Tony.G

Tony.G

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:23 pm

what color is she glenn, so we can dig the hue?
Back to top Go down
xm-221

xm-221

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:58 am

Black.
Back to top Go down
Tony.G

Tony.G

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:36 am

oooooh, black. i bet it took a while to get the body up to scratch for it??

i just had a look at some of the pics you have on your GPC page, and thats gonna be one bad ass looking xd once its done!!

is it your car or a job for someone?
Back to top Go down
xm-221

xm-221

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:31 am

I wish I could afford an Onyx Black XD ESP 351 with Toploader Sad
Customers car mate, GrpC bodykit going on it.
Back to top Go down
Tony.G

Tony.G

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:24 pm

mmm, yeah dont we all. its definately gonna be bad ass though. cant wait to see it finished!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blurred Social Lounge   Blurred Social Lounge Empty

Back to top Go down

Blurred Social Lounge
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next