Blurred Vision

Do You Wish To...
Blurred Vision

Do You Wish To...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TUFF4D
Admin
TUFF4D

TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily Empty
PostSubject: TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily   TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Name:

* Ash

Model:

* 1998 VS III S Commodore Ute

Colour:

* White

Body Kit:

* Standard

Engine:

* 3.8 Ecotech V6

Engine Mods:

* LPG duel fuel
* K&N filter
* Bosch 8mm ignition leads
* Flashlube valve saver kit

Power:

* Sweet fuck all

Exhaust:

* Standard

Gearbox:

* 4 speed automatic

Diff:

* Factory LSD

Brakes:

* Standard shitters

Suspension:

* King Spring lows in front, King Spring ultras lows in rear

Wheels and Tyres:

* 18 inch CV8 Monaro wheels
* Bridgestone tyres of some sort

Interior:

* VS Statesman seats
* Factory fitted cruise control

Stereo:

* Sony CD/MP3/AUX/USB/IPOD
* Alpine speakers

Other Mods"

* Heavy duty towbar
* Peter Brock and blurred vision stickers
* Canopy when I need it

Build Period:

* April 2011

Cost:

Contacts:

* Ross McDonald Motors

Future Mods:

* Nothing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://blurredvision.editboard.com
Tony.G

Tony.G

PostSubject: Re: TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily   TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:32 am

flash lube valve saver kit? wouldnt need that on this as its already an unleaded engine.
Back to top Go down
TUFF4D
Admin
TUFF4D

PostSubject: Re: TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily   TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:36 am

it's for the LPG

found quite common actually
Back to top Go down
elmaso69

elmaso69

PostSubject: Re: TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily   TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:48 am

so being a ford bloke you get in it and feel ashamed? hahaha looks fair clean though man.
Back to top Go down
Tony.G

Tony.G

PostSubject: Re: TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily   TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:52 am

yeah a few of the lpg cars ive had over the years have had them on it, but its more for pre unleaded cars that dont have the hardened valves or valve seats. i generally just pull it off regardless though coz it usually just ends up making a mess in the engine bay. i dont use proper lpg engine oil either, and ive never had any problems with burning valves.
Back to top Go down
Tony.G

Tony.G

PostSubject: Re: TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily   TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:55 am

nah, i am a little biased towards fords but i like all cars. ive had a few commonwhores over the years too up to vr and i like them too. my brother still has my old vr, and much to my suprise its still running and registered. after the hiding we gave it the whole time we owned it i dunno how its even still drivable to be honest. lol
Back to top Go down
elmaso69

elmaso69

PostSubject: Re: TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily   TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:05 am

hahaha im a holden fella and sometimes want to set fire to that bloody commodore!
how the hell do the injectors get stuck in the manifold!? haha
Back to top Go down
Tony.G

Tony.G

PostSubject: Re: TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily   TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:11 am

the o rings that hold them in perish and when rubber goes hard it might as well be steel sometimes. we had the same issue with a mates vs a little while ago. the injectors were leaking, and we fair buggered 2 of them trying to get them out.

anywho though, this is a nice looking ute. sorry to go completely off the subject and filling your page with dribble tuff4d.
Back to top Go down
TUFF4D
Admin
TUFF4D

PostSubject: Re: TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily   TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:58 pm

yeah im a ford bloke but like tony this ain't my first holden

I appreciate all makes and models providing its a nice clean example, but I definately favour the local fords and holdens

I havent really purposely gone out to buy fords either I just tend to end up with them because I find what I think is a good example of that car, apart from the sprint as that has always been one of my dream cars

Like my previous ride was a BA II XR8 ute, at the time I was looking at XR6T and SS utes as well, but I settled on a very tidy XR8 and out of the cars I looked at it was what I felt was the best

In regards to the valve saver, I understand it really doesnt need to be there but im happy to just leave it there, I run it on gas majority of the time so I suppose it does help in a small way

Yeah it's not a bad ute, a long way from my old XR8 ute but it cost fuck all and only $35 a week to run as apposed to $100 Smile
Back to top Go down
Tony.G

Tony.G

PostSubject: Re: TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily   TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 5:42 pm

yeah, having the extra coin in your pocket as opposed to throwing it in the fuel tank is probably a good thing. maybe not as fun, but thats why a lot of us save our best toys for the weekends.

sadly, my toy gets hammered into the ground every day at the moment. if i got off my arse and registered the el wag the xd could get some desperately needed attention, and i could drive the wag into the ground instead which is a lot easier to replace if i kill it, and easier to get parts for if its only a minor kill. lol

we all try to get the best car we can for the money we have, but there are also times where we will take the shitbox over the limo for strange reasons too. it might be a particular color, or have something about it, or potential that we can see that others cant. whatever the reasons behind the decision though it can certainly influence the decision even if its something you werent even looking for. ive bought many cars like that over the years, and its worked out ok for me most of the time. it hasnt all been good luck though. ive been up shit creek a couple of times too.
Back to top Go down
redic

PostSubject: Re: TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily   TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 12:37 am

its very common valve saver or LPG kit..
Seen many times...
routine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily   TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily Empty

Back to top Go down

TUFF4D's VS III Commodore Ute Daily
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Garage-
Jump to: