Blurred Vision

Do You Wish To...
Blurred Vision

Do You Wish To...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DIY Interior Clean

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xm-221

xm-221

DIY Interior Clean Empty
PostSubject: DIY Interior Clean   DIY Interior Clean EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:52 pm

Ever wanted a nice and easy way to clean an interior in a newly acquired project but don't want to spend mega dollars to do it?
Look no further lads and ladies as I have found an easy way to do it on the cheap.

This is the interior that was in my XE Eclipse when I first bought it.

DIY Interior Clean 26032009878

DIY Interior Clean 28032009929

DIY Interior Clean 28032009930

DIY Interior Clean 28032009927

Throw it in a trailer and take it all to your local carwash and lay them out on the ground.
Turn the knob to "degrease" and throw $1 into the machine.
Spray all seats and carpet liberally until your $1 runs out.

DIY Interior Clean DSC00128

DIY Interior Clean 26032009887

Next turn the knob to "high pressure wash" and throw in $10 and blast the bejesus out of everything.
Carpets clean best if hung from the hooks some carwash's provide, or just use the rear window on a VN Wagon as I did Very Happy

DIY Interior Clean 28032009933

DIY Interior Clean DSC00127

DIY Interior Clean 28032009931

DIY Interior Clean 28032009932

Depending on how dirty your interior is you may need to throw a few extra dollars in to finish the job. This one was pretty bloody grotty and it only took $13 to get clean.

Load them back into the trailer, go home and sit them vertical somewhere in the direct sun or hang them from a hook on the clothes line so they drip dry.

When they're dry (2 days in summer) you should have something that looks like this when you're finished.

DIY Interior Clean 27032009914

DIY Interior Clean 27032009915

And when it's all back in the car it looks alot better than when you started.

DIY Interior Clean 30032009945

DIY Interior Clean 30032009943

DIY Interior Clean 30032009942

DIY Interior Clean 30032009944

Only do your door cards this way if they are plastic backed (like XF ones), if they are masonite or pressed cardboard I suggest you pay the local steam cleaner to do them while he's doing someone's carpets.

This is cheap and easy.
Good if you're not in a great hurry to install an interior.
Doesn't always get every stain out of a seat or carpet, but if you're that worried about it you could pre-soak everything with the cleaner of your choice before you go to the carwash Smile

Hope this works for someone else as well as it's worked for me so far (Grandpa has had 3 different interiors and all have been carwashed before install).

Back to top Go down
Hargs

Hargs

DIY Interior Clean Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Interior Clean   DIY Interior Clean EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 6:36 am

that looks really good for the simplicity of it.

have you ever cleaned car seats with one of those rental dry cleaners from safeway?
Back to top Go down
xm-221

xm-221

DIY Interior Clean Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Interior Clean   DIY Interior Clean EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:55 am

I've seen one that has been cleaned by Steamatic and it didn't really turn out that well if you ask me. But in saying that an ex friend had a steam cleaner at home that did a fantastic job on cleaning interiors.

I'm due to do the velour interior in Grandpa soon as it's getting a bit grotty. I use it as a work car and rarely dust myself down or change before I leave for home so anything on me hits the seats. No use changing before I go home as it's only 4mins each way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
elmaso69

elmaso69

DIY Interior Clean Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Interior Clean   DIY Interior Clean EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 6:22 pm

i should do this to the berlins seats, 15 years of messy little bastard kids really roots up the interior lol
just gotta be bothered taking the seats out.... not gunna be fun hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DIY Interior Clean Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Interior Clean   DIY Interior Clean Empty

Back to top Go down

DIY Interior Clean
Page 1 of 1