Blurred Vision

Do You Wish To...
Blurred Vision

Do You Wish To...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done

Go down 
+4
WPN346
xm-221
elmaso69
Hargs
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hargs

Hargs

Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done Empty
PostSubject: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:12 am

Anyone looked at the car and thought to themselves "I could get away with that"? Post your horror story here.

To kick it off, I found a pod filter at a wreckers back in the day, bought a bracket to fit it to my intake, and rammed the mouth of the filter over the bracket, without a hose clamp. every time a opened the bonnet, the thing had fallen off and i'd just shake the bees and crap out of the intake and ram it back on.

Also back in the day, bought those chrome washer jets with blue lights on them cause they were fully sick and stuff. I wired them literally to the back of the headlights thinking that when the lights were turned on, the jets would light up. turns out i was wrong and the lights stayed on permanently. On the up side, it was easy to find the car in the Crown carpark.

I'm also going to mention an old friend who, with the aid of a stanley knife and sticky tape, added a pod filter to the intake on his civic. the whole setup had to be sticky-taped to the outside of the car from under the bonnet to keep it in place.
Back to top Go down
elmaso69

elmaso69

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:23 am

Hargs wrote:
Anyone looked at the car and thought to themselves "I could get away with that"? Post your horror story here.

To kick it off, I found a pod filter at a wreckers back in the day, bought a bracket to fit it to my intake, and rammed the mouth of the filter over the bracket, without a hose clamp. every time a opened the bonnet, the thing had fallen off and i'd just shake the bees and crap out of the intake and ram it back on.

Also back in the day, bought those chrome washer jets with blue lights on them cause they were fully sick and stuff. I wired them literally to the back of the headlights thinking that when the lights were turned on, the jets would light up. turns out i was wrong and the lights stayed on permanently. On the up side, it was easy to find the car in the Crown carpark.

I'm also going to mention an old friend who, with the aid of a stanley knife and sticky tape, added a pod filter to the intake on his civic. the whole setup had to be sticky-taped to the outside of the car from under the bonnet to keep it in place.

,,,is the gayest sentence ever said hahahaha
my bad, it was there, i just had to hahaha
Back to top Go down
xm-221

xm-221

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:53 am

Blew a muffler out on my first car (mazda rx2) so I took the muffler out and cut a section of pipe to slot in where the muffler was and wrapped 2 baked bean cans around the ends and hose clamped them together until I could get it to Exhaust Bros to be fixed (6wks later) lol
Back to top Go down
WPN346
Admin
WPN346

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 12:21 pm

xm-221 wrote:
Blew a muffler out on my first car (mazda rx2) so I took the muffler out and cut a section of pipe to slot in where the muffler was and wrapped 2 baked bean cans around the ends and hose clamped them together until I could get it to Exhaust Bros to be fixed (6wks later) lol

That's gold
Back to top Go down
Hargs

Hargs

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:20 pm

xm-221 wrote:

Maybe if u left the contents of the tin inside, u woulda got some extra rwkws. Everyone knows baked beans make u go harder
Back to top Go down
TUFF4D
Admin
TUFF4D

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:01 am

I've definately got some nasty/gay/shit/ricer boy mods from younger and foolish years Very Happy

I just turned 18 and was still in school and had myself a tidy, and low kms EF Fairmont. It was a good first car and on duel fuel so it was cheap to run. My first gay mod would of been the clear altezza tailights. At the time I thought it looked super awesome and stuff, and my street cred would have gone up by atleast 3 points. Now I looked back and think altezza tailights are best left to the lancers, and civics lol.

Next ricer mod was neonzzzzz. After flicking through a few Hot 4's magazines and watching fast and the furious too many times I decided in order to maintain my reputation as a sick kunt I had to have neons. After a lenghty discussion with hargs in the school library we decided it was in our best interest to go to Repco and purchase neons instead of getting some crucial study in for out upcoming physics exam. We both purchased these blue neon tubes that plugged into your cigarette lighter, they came complete with Neonzzzzzz packaging, how could we not buy them?lol. After a while I decided to wire the neons to the back of my cigarette lighter and use a switch to turn them on and off. I used a a toggle switch and missile flip thingy to make my car look like it was pro street lol. The switch was eventually mounted to my centre console after a lot of drilling lol. I also siliconed the neons under my front seats. As we all know silicon is a sealant, not an adhesive so they fell off after a couple of weeks anyway haha. If all that blue wasn't enough I pulled my dash off and changed all my dash lights to blue ones so I felt like I was behind the wheel of a skyline even more.

I also remember replacing some badges on my car, instead of using double sided tape I used super glue, when I applied the badges I stuck them on and adjusted them to make them level smearing the superglue and making a god awfull mess haha. I pitty the bloke who purchased that car if he decided to debadge it.

I can also recall shifting my auto like it had a manual valve body, and also trying to impress this girl by pointing to my missile switch that activates my neons and using the line off Men In Black and saying "what ever you do, don't flick the red switch" She seemed pretty impressed and I was chuffed Smile

Another time I was trying to impress another chick who was into cars enough to know makes and models, but couldn't tell the difference between your MAF and your brake booster. I thought I'd take advantage of this situation and pointed to my gas convereter and informing her it was a turbo, and also popped by boot and showed her my Nos bottle, which really only held 70 Litres of BBQ fuel hahaha

After all my mates buying Pod filters I thought I couldn't be the only one without one, so I went to Autobhans and got the biggest fuck off poddy I could find. I put it in my car unboxed so all it did was draw hot air from inside my engine bay. After a while I switched back to the airbox/panel filter combo and noticed my car went slightly better

All I can say is im fucking glad I got all these nasty/ricer mods out of the way on my first car and learnt from them, and didnt defile any of my other cars in the same manner
Back to top Go down
https://blurredvision.editboard.com
theduranteman

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:04 am

back when i had my BMW, it had a kind of scratchy ignition barrel. and after being left stranded with a car that wont start at the train station a few days in a row i thought FUCK IT, ill hardwire in a switch to my starter motor. did the full missile switch thing. at the time i thought the missile switch would stop me from accidentally hitting it during an enthusiastic driving session. all it did was draw attention to how crap my car was. i remember my brother getting in my car and saying "hey whats this do?" then flicking the switch at about 50k's.

did the poddy thing as well, had a heat shield and a home made 4inch pipe with more weld then pipe on each join.

currently have black stockies on the back and silver ones on the front haha
Back to top Go down
TUFF4D
Admin
TUFF4D

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:21 am

I remember that 4 inch pipe, looked like a moose had sex with a torch in the middle of an Indian restaurant haha
Back to top Go down
Hargs

Hargs

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Durante, we all know what your enthusiastic driving really means: keeping up with a maverick on a 4x4 track in a slammed xr8 with an animal shift kit. Or aerobatics in a beamer very near cliff edges
Back to top Go down
Tony.G

Tony.G

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:35 am

haha, i could fill an entire page from my younger years when i thought i knew stuff about cars. all i can say is there is no substitute for experience. we all still have moments though, especially with our daily drivers. when something goes to shit, and you cbf fixing it properly for whatever reason and it should work ok for now............. lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WPN346
Admin
WPN346

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:18 pm

I put a cannon on my VX Commodore *shudders*
Back to top Go down
Tony.G

Tony.G

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:41 pm

WPN346 wrote:

haha, what on earth posessed you to do such a thing???

says he who did something even dodgier than any exhaust mods here..........

back when i was 16 i had a chrysler galant station wagon. this car was so beastly it had all the special mods like lightened body, heavily drilled out air cleaner housing, stock wheels with extra bald tyres, bog stock 1400cc motor that went round the clock 3 times and 4 spd manual gearbox.

i decided one day to check the condition of the engine, so i pulled the head off. everything was where it was sposed to be; it had 4 pistons, some valves so it was good to go for a bit longer. no new gasket, no sealant of any kind the head went straight back on and i swung off a piece of water pipe to tighten the bolts. no bullshit, i drove the car around everywhere for another 8 months without putting a spanner back on the engine! it never leaked a drop of water either. (this car was unreg, not even remotely close to rw and i had no license. strangely none of those facts ever stopped me and i never got caught?

anyway, a few months after the head i figured it needed a better exhaust. i went to the local mechanics workshop in apollo bay where i was living. in the rubbish pile i found the whole front section of exhaust off something front wheel drive, as it was odd shaped being a 2 into 1 type deal. i grabbed that and dragged it home. i then got under my car with a hack saw and chopped my exhaust half off. my plan was simple. hang the twin section just over the diff. i shoved the single end over my exhaust, and sat the twin part over the diff. no problem.
the part i didnt factor was exactly how i was going to get it to stay there. i also had to cut the ends off the twin section coz they were too long and almost dragged on the ground. hack saw took care of that again though. anyway, i solved the issue with mounting the pipes so it wouldnt rest on the diff. i simply grabbed 2 coat hangers, drilled 4 holes in the floor and tied it up. this ecountered another problem, the tailshaft hit the exhaust on every bump. so, to solve this problem i untied the exhaust from the floor, and tied the coat hangers to the diff instead and hung the exhaust under the diff. it was fine till i was driving the car from apollo bay to geelong and it fell off somewhere along the way. Laughing
Back to top Go down
TUFF4D
Admin
TUFF4D

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:24 pm

WPN346 wrote:

Haha I forgot you did that, definately nasty
Back to top Go down
sm0089

sm0089

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Yeah as having a ricer for my first car, ive done all the beginners ricer mods lol, neons decked out through out the car, had 8 at one stage, including the one in the boot, taking the cover off the bonnet vents because it was cool to see the heat waves off the engine coming out the bonnet like an evo lol,cold air intake made out of swimming pool pipes from bunnings, cable tied on. metal gear knob, worst mistake in summer, super cheap auto racing pedals that half broke off while driving lol was scary! ultra blue head lights to look like the HID ones, which if anyone has tried would realise the pretend blue/white headlights actually put out less light and make it harder to see at night not easyer like the real ones. Stickers, decals decked out like the fast n furious cars lol, The octane boost shit in the peterol tank with 98oct peterol.
Back to top Go down
sm0089

sm0089

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:01 pm

Im just glad i never made the gay mistake of those clear tail lights!
Back to top Go down
Tony.G

Tony.G

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:30 pm

haha, yeah i have done the blue globes before once as well coz of the hype. after less than 10 mins of night driving they came straight back out on the side of the road in favor of the old ones after i mowed down a white post that i didnt even see.

i also did the octane boost with 98 octane fuel, but i did it with an ed falcon i had. that was the only way i could stop it pinging its head off. the previous owner must of thought it didnt have enough compression. i dont know what they did exactly but that bad boy 4.0 6 cyl on a compression test pulled 240 psi per cylinder. i binned my tester thinking it was buggered, so i got a mate to do it with his and it pulled the same figures. it was hard on tyres, and i nearly put that car over the side of the bridge in moorabool st heading back to the city from k-mart. it decided that it didnt want to change out of first gear on me and when it got to the red line i lifted my foot off. it didnt end well at all coz it just locked up the rears and speared sideways. the last thing i could see before it stopped was the nose passing all the white posts in the rail about 2 inches away from them. this was a few years ago now though, long before they did all the work thats there now.

the ed was also the first car i ever changed the dash lights color in. i made it all light up a blue/green color. this was 9 years ago, long before led replacement globes were around.

then i got rid of the ed for a vc v8 sl/e commodore about 3 weeks after the bridge incident. the sl/e was one of the first cars in geelong to get led's for dash lights. my brother is basically an electronics guru, and with his help, the sl/e had ultra high brightness blue and green led's lighting up the cluster and dash. i had painted the gauge faces white as well so you could see it better. lesson learnt by this, as cool as it looked you almost needed sunglasses at night to drive it.
i had the faces all white including the dash clock, i etched all the numbers and increments back on with black etch on lettering and had the needles black with a fluro orange stripe up the center. to get the led's to stay in place we used hot melt glue(it was long before plug in ones). it worked fine coz led's dont get hot. i drove it like this for a good 6 months with no problems. i hit a roo in that car and took the whole right side out of it. i kept that cluster complete with the led's for about 4 years after i sold the car coz i liked how it looked. i think i ended up throwing it out in a clean out of the shed. since ive had my license i dont think ive ever had a car that i havent modified the dash in. i spend a lot of time looking at it, so it might as well be done to my taste. lol
Back to top Go down
TUFF4D
Admin
TUFF4D

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 2:18 pm

I can do one better, I used to drive all the way from Leopold to Shell on la trove terrace to get the 100 octane VPOWER MAX and then add an octane booster haha
Back to top Go down
sm0089

sm0089

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 1:08 pm

haha did it make any difference?
Back to top Go down
TUFF4D
Admin
TUFF4D

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 5:17 pm

In my mind yes

In reality not one bit
Back to top Go down
elmaso69

elmaso69

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:29 am

hahaha atleast you admit it
Back to top Go down
Tony.G

Tony.G

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:26 pm

haha, of course it made a difference. it helped burn some carbon off the pistons, and kept his wallet from getting too heavy!! Smile
Back to top Go down
elmaso69

elmaso69

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:10 am

Tony.G wrote:
haha, of course it made a difference. it helped burn some carbon off the pistons, and kept his wallet from getting too heavy!! Smile

yeah, because thats a massive problem, to much of that bloody money! hahaha

god i wish i had that problem..
Back to top Go down
Tony.G

Tony.G

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:31 pm

haha, yeah same here. only thing that ever comes out of my wallet is dust. lol
Back to top Go down
elmaso69

elmaso69

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:41 am

Tony.G wrote:
haha, yeah same here. only thing that ever comes out of my wallet is dust. lol

lst time mine was opened i think a moth flew out haha
Back to top Go down
Tony.G

Tony.G

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:59 pm

haha, better to have a moth fly out than scaring the people in shops that think you are unleashing a dose of anthrax when you open it............ lmao!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done   Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done Empty

Back to top Go down

Nasty Mods I've Gone and Done
Page 1 of 1